Approved Electrician / Electrician
Due to a sustainable increase of workload, we are looking for an Electrical or Approved Electrician to join our well-established Cambridge General Works and Maintenance team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a well-established company within the Cambridge area, working in various sectors including Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Defence and Research, servicing clients’ requirements throughout Cambridgeshire and the neighbouring counties.
Reporting directly to the General Works & Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be required to liaise directly with our repeat clients, representing the business in a proud professional manner.
The main function of the role will be to carry out the installation, service and repair to a variety of electrical systems. The successful candidate will ideally have at least 5 years’ experience after completion of apprenticeship including modifying, fault finding, and installing different types of electrical systems in a commercial and industrial environment, as well as having the ability to test and inspect electrical installations including Electrical Installation Conditioning Reports.
You must be able to work without supervision and use your own initiative as well as be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of the H&S requirements, BS7671 and applicable Building Regulations.
The core hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 4.00pm with occasional weekend working and overtime as required by the company.
Wages and annual leave will be in line with the JIB Industrial Determination.
Benefits are as the JIB scheme, which include private medical insurance & health assessments.
A fully expensed Company Vehicle will also be provided for work use.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with the following Qualifications:
Key Skills & Knowledge
- 18th Edition certificate – (Preferable, but training can be provided)
- NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installation – (Essential)
- CSCS/ECS card – Eligibility essential - (Already holds preferable, but training can be provided)
- Knowledge & experience of the industrial and commercial industry
- C & G 2391 (or equivalent) – (Desirable but training can be provided)
- IPAF and PASMA – (Desirable but training can be given)
- SSSTS – (Desirable but training can be given)
- Fire Aid – (Desirable but training can be given)
- Full driving licence – (Essential)