Commercial Gas Engineer
Due to a sustainable increase of workload, we are looking for a Commercial Gas Engineer to join our well established General works and Maintenance department in Cambridge.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a well-established company within the Cambridge area, working in various sectors including Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Defence and Research, servicing clients’ requirements throughout Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Essex and the neighbouring counties.
Reporting directly to the Department Managers, the successful candidate will be required to represent the business in a proud professional manner.
This role is to carry out installation works of servicing, maintaining and installation of commercial pipework, and associated components and systems.
The core hours of work are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours, with overtime as required by the project / client.
Benefits and annual leave are as the BESA scheme.
A fully expensed Company Vehicle will also be provided for work use.
- Ensure H&S policies, risk assessments and method statements are adhered to
- Establish requirements of the project
- Service and maintain domestic & commercial boilers in commercial environments with opportunity to gain commercial gas qualifications with further training.
- Installation of commercial plumbing systems.
- Maintaining commercial plumbing systems.
- Plan and installation of system components
- Liaise with other trades
- Liaise with client / main contractor
- Ensure compliance with the relevant standards
- Manage quality control & ensure high standards
- Ensure programme dates are met
- Undertake commissioning testing
- You must be able to work without supervision and use your own initiative as well as be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of the H&S requirements, water regulations and applicable Building Regulations.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- C&G NVQ Level 2 Plumbing and Heating (Essential although Level 3 desirable)
- Domestic and Commercial gas qualifications (Essential)
- SSTS or SMSTS (Desirable but training can be provided)
- CSCS card – Eligibility essential - (Already holds preferable, but test can be provided)
- Knowledge & experience of the industrial and commercial industry (Essential)
- 5+ years’ experience (essential)
- IPAF and PASMA – (Desirable but training can be given)
- Asbestos Awareness / Asbestos Management – (Desirable but training can be given)
- First Aid – (Desirable but training can be given)
- Fire Marshall - (Desirable but training can be given)
- Full driving licence – (Essential)