Cambridge - Permanent - Full Time
Due to a sustainable increase of workload, we are looking for a Commercial plumber to join our well established General Works and Maintenance team in Cambridge.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a well-established company within the Cambridge area, working in various sectors including Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Defence and Research, servicing clients’ requirements throughout Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Essex and the neighbouring counties.
Reporting to the General Works Manager, the successful candidate will be required to represent the business in a proud professional manner.
This role is to carry out installation works of industrial / commercial pipework, and associated components and systems, with some occasional maintenance requirements.
The core hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 4.00pm with occasional weekend working and overtime as required by the company.
Benefits and annual leave are as the BESA scheme.
The main function of the role will include:
- Ensure H&S policies, risk assessments and method statements are adhered to
- Establish requirements of the project
- Plan and installation of system components
- Supervise small team as necessary, including sub-contractors
- Liaise with other trades
- Liaise with client / main contractor
- Ensure compliance with the relevant standards
- Manage quality control & ensure high standards
- Ensure agreed dates are met
- Joining the department call out rota
You must be able to work without supervision and use your own initiative as well as be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of the H&S requirements, water regulations and applicable Building Regulations.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- C&G NVQ Level 2 Plumbing and Heating (Essential although Level 3 desirable)
- SSTS or SMSTS (Desirable but training can be provided)
- CSCS card – Eligibility essential - (Already holds preferable, but test can be provided)
- Knowledge & experience of the industrial and commercial industry (Essential)
- 3+ years experience as a plumber / pipe fitter (Essential)
- IPAF and PASMA – (Desirable but training can be given)
- Asbestos Awareness / Asbestos Management – (Desirable but training can be given)
- First Aid – (Desirable but training can be given)
- Fire Marshall - (Desirable but training can be given)
- Full driving licence – (Essential) - A fully expensed Company Vehicle will also be provided for work use only