As the Contract Manager, you will ensure the allocated projects are delivered in line with the clients requirements to the company’s high standards.
Reporting directly to the Senior Contracts Managers, you will be responsible for successful project delivery from pre-contract to end of defects.
Although we are seeking a mechanical disciplined and bias candidate, you will be expected to manage and control multi-disciplined projects simultaneously.
Typical project values are approx. £2m, but usually range between £400k and £5m.
The following skills, experience and responsibilities are essential to the role:
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels
- Able to work effectively whilst under pressure
- Able to plan ahead and prioritise workload
- Able to effectively coordinate MEP services
- Able to follow business processes whilst managing multiple time pressured tasks
- Understanding contract requirements and the ability to establish and deliver to meet the employers requirements
- Develop and implement commissioning plans, leading on to managing commissioning periods of project
- Sound relationships within the industry marketplace, and will be responsible for procurement in line with the business targets
- Effectively plan and programme works, with the ability to communicate the strategy up and down the chain
- Produce accurate project health and safety documentation for management and installation works
- Review sub-contractor health and documentation, providing
- Successfully manage direct and sub-contract labour packages in accordance with MEP and construction programmes
- Accurately forecast labour, material and sub-contract spend from month two to completion of defects
- Assist commercial colleagues with project account management
Key Skills & Knowledge
- 5 years experience in project management
- Detailed knowledge of HVAC systems
- Working knowledge of building regulations and British & European Standards
- Working knowledge of programming software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Current SMSTS certification
- CSCS registered contracts manager or meets the eligibility criteria
- Full clean driving licence