Cambridge & Attleborough
As the Design Manager, you will ensure pre-construction and contract projects meet with the clients and business design requirements to the company’s high standards.
Reporting directly to the Senior Design Manager, this is a position within our Cambridge & Attleborough offices and where you will work within various teams responsible for securing targeted schemes and delivering construction level designs.
You will be expected to control, co-ordinate, plan and programme design services over several multidisciplined contracts simultaneously, whilst providing technical support.
Typical project values are approx. £2m, but usually range between £400k and £5m.
- Communicate and influence at all levels
- Able to manage, influence and motivate team members
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships
- Work effectively whilst under pressure
- Plan ahead and prioritise workload
- Appraise pre-tender D&B employer’s requirements and advise pre-construction team of responsibilities
- Production and monitoring of project design delivery plans
- Preparation of external design consultants scope of works in line with BSRIA BG6
- Draft external design consultants appointments including milestone deliverables schedules
- Implementation of procedures for the flow and quality of design information through to the preconstruction and operational teams
- Management of design, design co-ordination and interfacing between all professional parties
- Ensuring the contractual obligations of the employer’s requirements are understood and fulfilled
- Offer engineering solutions to improve value, efficiency or reduce capital cost
- Undertake gap analysis on 3rd party designs
- Prepare and issue monthly design progress reports
- Complete detailed review of external designers submissions, including building physics
- Capture and all project variations during the design process
- Attend tender interviews, client meeting and project meetings, representing Eyre Group as and when required
- Assist operational colleagues with project technical support
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of MEP building services
- 5 years prior experience in design or design management role
- Experience working in Commercial, Educational and Healthcare sectors
- Holds current professionally qualified CSCS card, or meets the eligibility criteria
- Working knowledge of Building Regulations, CIBSE Guidance and British Standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & system databases
- Full clean driving licence
- Previously undertaken contractors MEP Design Manager position
- Professional qualification, MCIBSE, MIET or equal
- Degree in Building Services
All applications will then be reviewed after the advert has closed.