Electrical Contracts Manager
As the Electrical Contracts Manager, you will ensure projects are delivered in line with the clients requirements to the company’s high standards.
Reporting directly to the Senior Contracts Manager and Director, this is a senior position within our business who will be responsible for successful project delivery from pre-contract to end of defects.
Although the position requires an electrical disciplined and bias candidate, you will be expected to manage and control several multi-disciplined contracts simultaneously, whilst providing electrical technical support to other managers and mentoring junior staff.
Typical project values are approx. £2m, but usually range between £400k and £5m.
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels
- Able to work effectively whilst under pressure
- Able to assess and identify compliance shortfalls or engineering opportunities within designs
- Able to plan ahead and prioritise workload
- Able to follow business processes whilst managing multiple time pressured tasks
- Understanding contract requirements and the ability to establish and deliver to meet the employers requirements
- Undertake sense check electrical calculations
- Complete commissionability desk top studies, with technical queries resolved prior to developing, implementing and managing commissioning periods of project
- Sound relationships within the industry marketplace, and will be responsible for procurement in line with the business targets
- Effectively plan and programme works, with the ability to communicate the strategy up and down the chain
- Produce accurate project health and safety documentation for management and installation works
- Review sub-contractor health and documentation, providing
- Successfully manage direct and sub-contract labour packages in accordance with MEP and construction programmes
- Accurately forecast labour, material and sub-contract spend from month two to completion of defects
- Assist commercial colleagues with project account management
Key Skills & Knowledge
- 10 years experience managing and delivering projects
- Familiar with JCT and NEC suite of contracts
- Detailed knowledge of 18th Edition wiring regulations with 2382-10 or 20
- Working knowledge of building regulations and British & European Standards
- JIB registered contracts manager or meets the eligibility criteria
- Full clean driving licence
- HNC or HND in building services
- ACIBSE, MCIBSE or MIET membership
- SMSTS, IOSH or NEEBOSH health and safety training
- Experience with HV systems, in addition to ELV and LV system
All applications will then be reviewed after the advert has closed.