General Works Mechanical Manager
As the General Works Mechanical Manager, you will ensure the department existing and future clients are given a service to be proud of, in line with the clients requirements and to the company’s high standards.
Reporting directly to the General Works Manager, you will be responsible for successful management and development of planned maintenance, reactive maintenance, small works projects and General Works projects from pre-contract to end of defects.
This role would suit someone who is motivated to progress within the industry and prides themselves in delivering a great service.
Although we are seeking a mechanical disciplined and bias candidate, you will be expected to manage and control multi-disciplined maintenance and projects simultaneously. Typical department order values range from £120 to £500,000.
The following skills, experience and responsibilities will be expected from the successful candidate:
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels
- Able to work effectively whilst under pressure
- Able to plan ahead and prioritise workload
- Develop and build effective end client and contractor relationships
- Provide solutions to overcome faults with client heating & domestic systems
- Able to follow business processes whilst managing multiple time pressured tasks
- Liaise with key supply chain partners to support the clients’ requirements
- Provide fixed and budget costs for maintenance, small works and projects
- Effectively plan and programme works, with the ability to communicate the strategy up and down the chain
- Produce accurate project health and safety documentation for maintenance, management and installation works
- Review sub-contractor health and documentation
- Successfully manage direct and sub-contract labour packages in accordance with MEP and construction programmes
- Accurately forecast labour, material and sub-contract spend from month two to completion of defects
- Assist commercial colleagues with project account management
Key Skills & Knowledge
- 5 years experience in HVAC or Plumbing role
- Sufficient knowledge of general HVAC systems
- Working knowledge of building regulations and British & European Standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- CSCS registered contracts manager or meets the eligibility criteria to apply
- Full clean driving licence