Senior Craftsman / Foreman
Due to a sustainable increase of workload, we are looking for a Senior Craftsman / Foreman to join our well-established Cambridge Contracting team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a well-established company within the Cambridge area, working in various sectors including Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Defence and Research, servicing clients’ requirements throughout Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, Essex and the neighbouring counties.
Reporting directly to the Senior Contracts Manager, the successful candidate will be required to represent the business in a proud professional manner.
This role is to carry out installation works of industrial / commercial pipework, and associated components and systems, whilst supervising colleagues & sub-contractors of all disciplines.
You must be able to work without supervision and use your own initiative as well as be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of the H&S requirements, water regulations and applicable Building Regulations.
The core hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm with occasional weekend working and overtime as required by the Company.
Benefits and annual leave are as the BESA scheme.
A fully expensed Company Vehicle will also be provided for work use.
- Ensure H&S policies, risk assessments and method statements are adhered to
- Establish requirements of the project
- Check sub-contractor RAMS
- Deliver site inductions & toolbox talks
- Plan and installation of system components
- Supervise as necessary, including electrical sub-contractors
- Liaise with other trades
- Liaise with client / main contractor
- Complete daily site diary
- Issue permits as required
- Assign tasks to colleagues and sub-contractors
- Ensure compliance with the relevant standards
- Manage quality control & ensure high standards
- Ensure programme dates are met
- Forecast labour & material requirements
- Undertake commissioning testing
Key Skills & Knowledge
- C&G NVQ Level 2 Plumbing and Heating (Essential although Level 3 desirable)
- SSTS or SMSTS (Desirable but training can be provided)
- CSCS card – Eligibility essential - (Already holds preferable, but test can be provided)
- Knowledge & experience of the industrial and commercial industry (Essential)
- 5+ years experience as a plumber / pipe fitter (Essential_
- IPAF and PASMA – (Desirable but training can be given)
- Asbestos Awareness / Asbestos Management – (Desirable but training can be given)
- First Aid – (Desirable but training can be given)
- Fire Marshall - (Desirable but training can be given)
- Full driving licence – (Essential)